Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Clippity Cloggers

Here are some videos of Emma and Amanda clogging. Emma is actually clogging in this one. The next video I took she ran to me and wouldn't go back. She wasn't very into clogging by the end of the two months. The last two lessons I was practically dragging her in. I suppose I could havee just let her be done, but it was the principal of the matter. We started clogging and I wanted her to know it was important to finish out the rest of the lessons. But I think we will definitely wait at least a year before we start something else. Maybe we will do gymnastics next summer. Amanda on the other hand, did very well. Her teacher even commented on her natural ability to pick up the rhythm. Her piano teacher said the same thing. I think that really boosted her self confidence because she was even willing to give up horseback riding for the first part of the year to take a clogging class. But we decided to let her do horse lessons and clogging. She's just doing so well in both, we didn't want to deny her of the opportunity right now. She may not keep up with clogging, but it will give her the opportunity to try it. The videos aren't great, but not too bad considering I took them on my cell phone :). Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Thank you! I was thrilled to see this. They're so adorable!

G. Barlow

Amberlee said...

How fun! Tell Amanda I'm very impressed with her willingness to try out new things. I wasn't that daring when I was little. I could see Emma doing football...what do you think? :D

Tiffany said...

I think Emma would do great in gymnastics! Good idea. She seems the tumbler type. And I'm glad Amanda is finding some extra curriculars that she's good at. It's the boost she needs. She's such a smarty pants. Love you guys!

Countdown to the Homecoming