Friday, November 28, 2008

Our Thanksgiving

From Mom:

"We had an enjoyable time with the senior sister missionaries. We had a full course dinner. I cooked everything but a couple of pies and a green bean casserole. It was very delicious. We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes/gravy, yams, dressing, rolls, fruit salad, celery, and the green beans. In addition, I also made a coconut cream pie, and a chocolate pie. We'll have to have our elders over to help clean up the leftovers.

I experimented with a new way to cook turkey breast. It was the greatest. I cooked it in the crock pot with 1 cup of water and 3 chicken bouillon cubes. I cooked it on high for about 6 - 6 1/2 hours. I had wonderful drippings for dressing, and the turkey fell apart and was so moist. My roasts turn out so well that way, I thought, why not turkey?

It was fun to talk to all of you. Hope you had a happy day."

No comments:

Countdown to the Homecoming