Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oh Emma!

I just wanted to share with everyone a little bit of our Sunday experience. Today was our Primary program. First off, I totally forgot to work with the girls to memorize their parts, so on Friday we started practicing. By this morning they both had their parts memorized, for the most part. Emma told me she would tell her teacher she wouldn't need any help. I wasn't too worried about that, but in hind sight a little red flag should have started waving in my little brain. Well, we've been sick in our house with various ailments, so Danny stayed home with Tyler and I took the girls. The program started off well. Amanda was beautiful in her white dress and was singing all the words to the songs. Emma was the tallest in her class and she was even singing all the words to the songs. About half way through Emma starts turning backwards and fidgiting. Not too bad. Amanda did a great job when it was her turn to go up. Then when it was Emma's turn, her teacher bent down to help her and Emma waved her hand at her and said, "No, no. I can do it." Well, that brought some laughter from everyone. Then I think she blew into the microphone or something and giggled. So that brought more laughter. Her teacher tried to help her again. Again Emma waved her off telling her she could do it (which brought more chuckles from the congregation). She then said her line, for the most part, which was, "I am thankful that I am a child of God. I know He loves me because He gave me a family." I'm sure my face was a slight shade of red, but it was rather funny. I figured it couldn't really go off smoothly with Emma in the group. But then she wouldn't be Emma if she sat still and nothing of significance happened:)! Oh Emma!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gave me a chuckle. I can just see her. I'm sure she created a blithe moment. I'm just glad that the chuckles didn't make her turn chicken. Apparently she was enjoying herself. Funny!

Our two wards had their programs today, too. The children were all darling and did a great job. Just like home. There are a LOT of monotone singers down here. Does it have anything to do with their accents?

Tiffany said...

Cute Emma! I'm glad she's so confident. I'm sure we won't get Alex up there in a million years. Wish you could have video taped it. :)

Countdown to the Homecoming